Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Inauguration at Artefacto

Last Saturday evening, the 4th of September, I celebrated the opening of my current exhibit at Artefacto Gallery in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. We will host a second reception on September 16th, as it falls on a special night for the arts here in Palma, La Nit D'Art. Every year many galleries open on the same evening so that enthusiasts can meander through the city, mingle and see the exhibits spread throughout the diverse galleries in Palma. I'm very pleased to be part of it...even though I won't be able to actually sneak out and see the other shows myself!

Here are a few images of the inauguration.


Artefacto director, Inmaculada Vara Guttierrez, gave me an introduction before opening the lovely teak doors to reveal the show.




The on-lookers include Mallorcan painter Toni-Mari Escarrer, second from the right.



Miranda Giles, painter, has recently arrived to Mallorca. Expect to see her exhibiting soon as well.

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

It all sounds very festive. All the best for your exhibition, Laurie.