Sunday, August 1, 2010

Views of my studio


Here are some views of my unusually tidy studio where I work my magic. It's in the center of Palma de Mallorca, in a building built in 1918. I've probably said this before, but working in this space is very romantic: the floors, the carved wood, the high ceilings, the cacophony of competing musicians on the pedestrian street below...


I found a giant lizard living under these IKEA shelves that I muscled around from a near-by office to the painting space (I foolishly only removed half the contents!). I didn't get a photo of Mr. Lagarto, though...not sure where he is right now, I hope he doesn't surprise me in the night!


I spent most of today changing the distribution of the furniture in the apartment. Doing so required some re-organizing of the studio. It was a good excuse to dust and vacuum and take pictures before I make a glorious disaster of things again.

No comments: