Friday, August 22, 2008

Rewriting the same book...

Hasn't it been said many times that artists spend a lifetime perfecting the same idea? Although perfection is not a viable goal, I do enjoy stumbling across hints of this often unwitting continuum. Here you have excerpts from a book of a cut-and-assemble dollhouse. I came across it while cleaning Malena's closet. I purchased it around '93/'94 in preparation for my thesis exhibition at Mass Art. (See MAY posts: Art work from 1995, parts 1, 2 ,3 to see related art work)


The funny thing about coming across these (which are simply open boxes, a current obsession of mine), is that I have been looking for images of a project I did at age 16. Wendy reminded me that the 'self-portrait book' in question is similar to the unfolding concept with I work at the moment. Found the slides, but don't know how to scan them yet...

No comments: